Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do some good

I have noticed that many of my ambitions can be cross referenced with a charitable goal:

1. I am currently in communication with Life Education Australia, who recently ran the ocsober campaign, to see how I can create a similar campaign to raise money and awareness about alcohol abuse in Australia. If that doesn't make me give up alcohol for a year, I don't know what will

2. In relation to cutting may hair, there is always shave for a cure, which raises money for cancer research. I must admit that scares me more than an alcohol free year! But then again, it is just hair right?... right?

And for the first Monday in November I have set myself a mini challenge to get beef up my training for triathalons etc.

Here is the course I have set for myself

Leg 1: Ride from Currumbin Waters/Valley to Currumbin Estuary
Leg 2. Run from Currumbin Estuary to Currumbin Surf Club and Back to the Alley
Leg 3. Swim the mouth of Currumbin Creek and Back
Leg 4. Recovery power walk back to Currumbin Estuary
Leg 5. Ride Back to Currumbin

1 comment:

  1. You will be happy to know that I completed the course this morning! Yay for me. I am also talking to Simon Harris from Life Education Australia earlier this morning to see what we can do in relation to me fundraising and giving up alcohol for a year

    ReplyDelete